Without what desolation! mist and rain,
And weeping trees, and roses that decay
While still in blossom, till the autumn day
Lies low, and speechless, and benumbed with pain.
An early twilight hyies the gentle plain
With mournful dusk, while meadows melt away
Like echoes of those tunes we used to play,
Ere time had turned them to a lost refrain.
But leave the window, turn towards the room,
So soft with firelight on the time-worn beams
A friendly spirit lurks within the gloom
Of dim oak corners, while a host of gleams
Await your fingers on our fancy's loom,
To weave them into happy fireside dreams.
Radclyffe Hall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Comparison by Radclyffe Hall )
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck
- Turn Your Back, Tyrone Gayle
- My name is Death, Roxanne Dubarry