Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Hurrah, hurrah for Spain
and its gold medal she gained!
Handball match was hatched
and Spain won the game.
Now Spain is the champion,
the champion of this world game!
Handball is played by these men
and Spain is this year's master.
35 scores she made and Denmark
had its hard time to catch up;
with only 19 scores for Denmark
the game was not really tough.
Anyway, congratulations Spain!
Congratulations for your fame!
The value of your gold is only
ensured by the silver of Denmark.
Spain won in the World Championship in Handball making the scores of 35 over and against Denmark's 19. Spain won the gold medal and Denmark, the silver one.
Elizabeth Padillo Olesen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Congratulations, Spain! by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...
- Live to Sleep, Robert Kane
- Devil Tree, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- My Translations!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam