Chime Justice Ndubuisi
I've been struggling with you
For supremacy since my infancy
No thanks to whatever made it so
And unfortunately, you've had the upper hand.
It has been struggle all the way
I've walked the tortuous road
Paved with sharp-edged stones
My legs have been pierced,
My blood drips and wets the road
My sweat saunters down to my pant
Thanks to my undaunted spirit
I forge ahead like a wounded lion.
You've overran me, wrestled me down,
I'm kneeling, but I'm not pleading.
I'm still holding your waist.
Knock me down as much as you can,
I'll never let my back touch down
I've vowed to keep my head up
To own up my circumstances,
No matter how twisted, to live up to expectation.
Chime Justice Ndubuisi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Conquering Fate by Chime Justice Ndubuisi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- beautiful girl nice face, lee fones
- Let's Have A Party!, mary douglas
- Another Day, Another Dawn, Jenn Toner
- Courage, Jenn Toner
- A Symbol Of Hope, Jenn Toner
- To Those Who Grieve, Jenn Toner
- I Am Always With You, Jenn Toner
- I Am Not There, Jenn Toner
- An Angel For A Friend, Jenn Toner
- Hobble About Lame, Richard Thripp