Corpses In The Woods
A dung heap of rotting corpses:
Glazed eyes, bloodshot,
Brains split, guts spewed out
The air poisoned by the stink of corpses
A single awful cry of madness.
Oh, women in France,
Women of Germany
Regard your menfolk!
They fumble with torn hands
For the swollen bodies of their enemies,
Gestures, stiff in death, become the touch of brotherhood,
Yes, they embrace each other,
Oh, horrible embrace!
I see and see and am struck dumb
Am I a beast, a murderous dog?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Corpses In The Woods by Ernst Toller )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Eternal Wings of Love, Pintu Mahakul
- Lost, Yasin Engno
- THE PRETTY SUN, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- March against austerity, Bob Johnson
- To remain peaceful, hasmukh amathalal
- Broken, Yasin Engno
- Of War and Peace, Shruti Goswami
- Realizations of a whore, Shruti Goswami
- Promises, Shruti Goswami
- Wonders Of Wondering, david kush