Of Courtesy, it is much less
Than Courage of Heart or Holiness,
Yet in my Walks it seems to me
That the Grace of God is in Courtesy.
On Monks I did in Storrington fall,
They took me straight into their Hall;
I saw Three Pictures on a wall,
And Courtesy was in them all.
The first the Annunciation;
The second the Visitation;
The third the Consolation,
Of God that was Our Lady's Son.
The first was of St. Gabriel;
On Wings a-flame from Heaven he fell;
And as he went upon one knee
He shone with Heavenly Courtesy.
Our Lady out of Nazareth rode -
It was Her month of heavy load;
Yet was her face both great and kind,
For Courtesy was in Her Mind.
The third it was our Little Lord,
Whom all the Kings in arms adored;
He was so small you could not see
His large intent of Courtesy.
Our Lord, that was Our Lady's Son,
Go bless you, People, one by one;
My Rhyme is written, my work is done.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Courtesy by Hilaire Belloc )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Jacob's Well, Liilia Talts Morrison
- A Dream Can die, asoke ray
- In Praise of Nobility (Fourteen), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- Motionless, asoke ray
- Stated Cause, johnny case
- Copyright, Samantha Pearson
- annoying wood pigeon, lee fones
- Really very unique..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- leave me your hands so i can learn how t.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Open Windows, Lilly Emery