Crawl To My Bed
Crawl to my bed tonight.
Lets be jioned together,
Body and soul.
Come in the middle of the night.
Come when no one can see.
Wait until the last cock crows,
And the fire is off the charcoal.
My father's bride,
Share with me my father's gift.
But share it absent my mother's eyes.
Crawl to my bed tonight
And have a glimpse of my father's youth,
But dont let mother see you.
My beautiful one,
We must keep our affair,
Absent notice of both spirit and men,
And wait patiently for father's passing,
Before which we commit a taboo.
Crawl to my bed
And don't let even spirits see you.
Come tonight, but
Wait until the last cock crows.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Crawl To My Bed by Precious Okidika )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- I've Got Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Vultures Meal, Tiger Auntunette
- Nothing can break the focus., Sumita Jetley
- Ever So Cute, riya misi
- Unlock From Sockets, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- PRAY OUT YOUR PAST, Michael P. Johnson
- Christmas, Titiksa Dugar
- alphabet you two bucks you drive a truck, Mandolyn ...
- Open the floodgate.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- A Dream Of Death,, Luo Zhihai