Had it been more,
This quake that shook my soul,
And left me desireless of sleep,
Perhaps my death would be.
A sudden flight
A leap in might
Such powers i had not seen,
with schematics of a movie scene,
Their target was me.
Darkness surrounds me
As i scurry for space, where to run.
In flight from a thousand voices,
The angry voices of the unknown,
In a moment of fury,
They seek vengance for transgressions unknown.
My response, my adrenalin, my flight.
I leaped houses with might,
Ran to no places known
And saw beings and things,
Ghost or men that's unknown.
I came across a number,
So who ran in sudden fright,
Perhaps another dreaming soul,
Some that could sense my fear,
As friends or foes? , that's unknown.
I ran from the unknown
And ran into the dead,
Each man on his grave, making out with friends.
In fear, i plunged into the earth,
My death perhaps in that world,
My awakening in mine.
The darkness had followed me,
I still heard the mob
And my heart beating fast,
Fear, fear. It shakes me.
I quiver like a rain beaten hen.
It shakes me. It shakes me,
Even though it was only,
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nightmare by Precious Okidika )
- Love's the Star, Sandra Feldman
- Remember me, Curtis Brown
- Strongest of them all, Priscilla Rose
- I regret that night in Vegas, but I don'.., Mandolyn ...
- The call to shine, Adele Bercich
- MIRROR MIRROR, shannon strauss
- The Time of Nectar, Pintu Mahakul
- MIKE WASN'T HAPPY, shannon strauss
- Read all the narratives, Mark Heathcote
- Splendour, Robin Skyrde