Ella Wheeler Wilcox
The impulse of all love is to create.
God was so full of love, in his embrace
He clasped the empty nothingness of space,
And low! the solar system! High in state
The mighty sun sat, so supreme and great
With this same essence, one smile of its face
Brought myriad forms of life forth; race on race,
From insects up to men.
Through love, not hate,
All that is grand in nature or in art
Sprang into being. He who would build sublime
And lasting works, to stand the test of time,
Must inspiration draw from his full heart.
And he who loveth widely, well, and much,
The secret holds of the true master touch.
Ella Wheeler Wilcox's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Creation by Ella Wheeler Wilcox )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Shhh Cricket, Ima Ryma
- Lord Buddha again, hasmukh amathalal
- आं लाजिया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Night Play, Seyi Rufus Oluwadare
- Love Me Not, Electric Lady
- Symbol Woman-3(Repost), Indira Renganathan
- दिनैनि हराव नांगोलनि जांख्रा, Ronjoy Brahma
- मशाल जलती रहती है..mashaal, hasmukh amathalal
- Beautiful Appearance III, Seyi Rufus Oluwadare
- NIGHT PRAYER, Colin Ian Jeffery