@ Cry a River
Cry a river, to the brim of the lid
A steaming heart, to the nostrils fume.
A mind on fire, and cold like ice,
Snow covers hold expansions anomalous.
Niagara, falls and flows on the palm-lines
Drop of the dew is mirror to the garden.
Horizons have caught red hues and color,
From the petal’s edge, and feathers of bird.
A lament as dear, a haunt so distant,
What else in my cup, heavens it spills.
Down I look, foe or friend. My rival!
Anything else in love I adore?
Silk on the fingers, saffron’s aroma
The bosoms’ smell, ah, cloves wholesome.
My fancy, dear fancy, the voyage is from,
The beloved’s thick hair, to the shine,
Of the cheek. The tenderness, on lips-
Hath a bee ever sucked nectar so sweet.
From dusk to dawn the night is long,
On the door of tavern, some vespers secret.
Image: Niagara Falls by wolfgangstaudt@My Modern Met
Sadiqullah Khan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (@ Cry a River by Sadiqullah Khan )
- Story of a postman, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Boy & his Lamb, narasanna n narasanna n
- Let Alone Me, Asma Riaz Khan
- The Unbearable, Lilly Emery
- My Childhood poem-3, soulful heart
- Nature Expresses Itself, Rohit Sapra
- I sold myself, Asma Riaz Khan
- Beauty, narasanna n narasanna n
- This Week's Spread, Jim Creston
- The Other Side, David Harris
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)