Samin Jan Kakar
Cup Of Love
if you drink from the cup of love..
and you dont get intoxicated..
if you recognize yourself..
unabsorbed if you are not drunk..
examine the cup closely and you will know…
that you have been drinking vanity and nothing else..
if you see through the glass of compassion..
and there is your reflection…
if you only see yourself..
all bright, shinning, flawless and pure..
turn that glass down and you will know..
that you have been staring at conceit and nothing more,
Author ~ Samin Jan
Samin Jan Kakar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cup Of Love by Samin Jan Kakar )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Restart, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- A Naat A warning Paposh Hayn Hum, Akhtar Jawad
- Values, Luo Zhihai
- TRUTH DEVOURING, Michael P. Johnson
- Dreams Money Can Buy, Ravinder Dhaliwal
- a Fading Torment, Tim Labbe
- Love Note 12, Michael P. McParland
- Glancing Back at Never, Sarah Cohen
- A Rest, Michael P. McParland
- Spiral, Chad Brack