Samin Jan Kakar
Cup Of Love
if you drink from the cup of love..
and you dont get intoxicated..
if you recognize yourself..
unabsorbed if you are not drunk..
examine the cup closely and you will know…
that you have been drinking vanity and nothing else..
if you see through the glass of compassion..
and there is your reflection…
if you only see yourself..
all bright, shinning, flawless and pure..
turn that glass down and you will know..
that you have been staring at conceit and nothing more,
Author ~ Samin Jan
Samin Jan Kakar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cup Of Love by Samin Jan Kakar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Kind of Vertigo, douglas scotney
- Sacaificed, Tony Ford
- Gay parade, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neighbor, Katie Doty
- department stores give me a headache, Mandolyn ...
- Secrets Hidden By The Side Of The Road, Is It Poetry
- Poetic Flashes, Sandra Feldman
- Lick Of Leak, sallam yassin
- Ode to Arizona on a Hot Summer's Day, Adam M. Snow
- Forgiveness, Tony Ford