Samin Jan Kakar
Cup Of Love
if you drink from the cup of love..
and you dont get intoxicated..
if you recognize yourself..
unabsorbed if you are not drunk..
examine the cup closely and you will know…
that you have been drinking vanity and nothing else..
if you see through the glass of compassion..
and there is your reflection…
if you only see yourself..
all bright, shinning, flawless and pure..
turn that glass down and you will know..
that you have been staring at conceit and nothing more,
Author ~ Samin Jan
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cup Of Love by Samin Jan Kakar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Being lonely, Nitin Mukesh
- Kalighat In Calcutta, Karen Swenson
- I Want To Cry, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- My Heart seems to be A Stepping Stone, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- The Tears In Your Eyes, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Inside My Heart is Dying, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Raksha Bandhan, Aryaman Kakkar
- Poetry is My Diamond Bag, Aftab Alam
- My Heart Was True... Why Not You, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Why Wouldn't Amina Jilani Write8, Afzal Ahmed Syed