Samin Jan Kakar
Cup Of Love
if you drink from the cup of love..
and you dont get intoxicated..
if you recognize yourself..
unabsorbed if you are not drunk..
examine the cup closely and you will know…
that you have been drinking vanity and nothing else..
if you see through the glass of compassion..
and there is your reflection…
if you only see yourself..
all bright, shinning, flawless and pure..
turn that glass down and you will know..
that you have been staring at conceit and nothing more,
Author ~ Samin Jan
Samin Jan Kakar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cup Of Love by Samin Jan Kakar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 April 1889 – 10 January 1957)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Queen Patrenialla - Part Three Continued, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- con man, lee fones
- I love Winter, but it's cruel احب الشتاء.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- And so we go on, Gina Borrebach
- Baby if this is love, Dorsey Baker
- Queen Patrenialla - Part 2 Continued, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- Mayling, Arno Le Roux
- Naming Our Wall, Arno Le Roux
- Oh Beautiful Arkansas, Dorsey Baker
- Those one thousand miles, MOHAMMAD SKATI