Elinor Morton Wylie
The sailorman's child
And the girl of the witch--
They can't be defiled
By touching pitch.
The sailorman's son
Had a ship for a nursery;
The other one
Was baptised by sorcery.
Although he's shipped
To the Persian Gulf, her
Body's been dipped
In burning sulphur.
Elinor Morton Wylie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Curious Circumstance by Elinor Morton Wylie )
- A Rainbow holder, Antonio Liao
- The Marketplace, Tony Adah
- Sailing Midnight, Steven Rhoads
- No one is, hasmukh amathalal
- Seizing The Arrears, Dexsta Ray
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal