DAD LOVES BASEBALL
Dad always loved baseball
even when he was young
He was a pitcher and had a lot of fun.
He knew all of the major league teams to this day
He watched baseball and knew all the players names.
He was a walking baseball encyclopedia
Dad knew all the World Series games.
He remembered players like Joe DiMaggio
The "Yankee Clipper" who played at the Met Stadium.
He would never grow tired and knew baseball facts
he was a baseball genius and knew who was up to bat.
Dad had enthusiasm for baseball and would scream at the t.v
I was a little girl and can remember it vividly.
Thanks Dad for the baseball memories!
Written by Suzae Chevalier on February 9,2013
Suzae Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DAD LOVES BASEBALL by Suzae Chevalier )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Would you be my Muse?, maryline vautravers
- You don't deserve a title, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Don't wait, Marina Olivera Sangers
- I am an eagle, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Exactly what I am looking for, Diamond The Ninja
- You're the one with issues, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Words, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Am I Asking Too Much, GJG Elton
- Perfection, Marina Olivera Sangers
- GroundSound, Marina Olivera Sangers