Daddy little girl. for Girls.
I wish, I wish I was daddy's little girl,
I would have a dance with him into his arms I'd twirl.
I would have someone to hold me close when I get too scared,
Instead I have to dream about it with my best friend Brittany Baird.
It's so hard to talk about it,
Why can't it just be true?
Why did you have to leave me?
Please come back, can't I talk to you?
But none of this will happen,
As I sit here and I cry.
No daddy to share my feelings with,
Why me god, why?
I'm so glad that mama's here,
As she tickles me to the ground.
But now she's all I've got,
Since you're never around.
My mother's always there for me,
And helps me when I need it.
You weren't there when I needed you most,
Not even a little bit.
I think of all my other friends,
Who have their dads by their sides.
It makes me so mad,
That I just want to run and hide.
Why, why did you have to leave me?
I think as I sit in my bed.
All of these terrible thoughts of you
Are tearing through my head.
Sometimes it gets too painful,
As if I'm going to die.
Instead I sit perched on my bed,
Trying not to cry.
I'm trying to forget it now,
I'm trying really hard.
But in my mind I can't forget,
My heart is far too scarred.
God why do you hate me?
Did I do something wrong?
Why must you keep this pain in me,
For so very long?
It's not really how it sounds.
It's like I'm a lonely dog
Being taken to the pound.
Couldn't you just suck it up
And try to work it through?
I just want too hear those words from you
That say 'I love you'.
But none of that is really true,
I hate the way I think of you.
A terrible coldhearted man,
I wish that you could understand.
As I write this poem
I can't help it I just tear.
I wonder what it would be like
If you would just be here.
Couldn't you try and love me?
Let's give it a whirl.
Wouldn't it be nice if I could be
Daddy's little girl?
Shaikh Haneef's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Daddy little girl. for Girls. by Shaikh Haneef )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- Mark Strand
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- 2015 is still ahead, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Those Who Long For Death, Saiom Shriver
- Babe, Saiom Shriver
- Twelve Christmas Angels, Loyd C. Taylor
- When I am able to do what I like عندما ا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- At Poemhunter, Khairul Ahsan
- Within My Dreams, Michael P. McParland
- In their ears, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- بےچینی تمھارے بنا, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Fear of Falling, Sierra Staten