Daddy little girl. for Girls.
I wish, I wish I was daddy's little girl,
I would have a dance with him into his arms I'd twirl.
I would have someone to hold me close when I get too scared,
Instead I have to dream about it with my best friend Brittany Baird.
It's so hard to talk about it,
Why can't it just be true?
Why did you have to leave me?
Please come back, can't I talk to you?
But none of this will happen,
As I sit here and I cry.
No daddy to share my feelings with,
Why me god, why?
I'm so glad that mama's here,
As she tickles me to the ground.
But now she's all I've got,
Since you're never around.
My mother's always there for me,
And helps me when I need it.
You weren't there when I needed you most,
Not even a little bit.
I think of all my other friends,
Who have their dads by their sides.
It makes me so mad,
That I just want to run and hide.
Why, why did you have to leave me?
I think as I sit in my bed.
All of these terrible thoughts of you
Are tearing through my head.
Sometimes it gets too painful,
As if I'm going to die.
Instead I sit perched on my bed,
Trying not to cry.
I'm trying to forget it now,
I'm trying really hard.
But in my mind I can't forget,
My heart is far too scarred.
God why do you hate me?
Did I do something wrong?
Why must you keep this pain in me,
For so very long?
It's not really how it sounds.
It's like I'm a lonely dog
Being taken to the pound.
Couldn't you just suck it up
And try to work it through?
I just want too hear those words from you
That say 'I love you'.
But none of that is really true,
I hate the way I think of you.
A terrible coldhearted man,
I wish that you could understand.
As I write this poem
I can't help it I just tear.
I wonder what it would be like
If you would just be here.
Couldn't you try and love me?
Let's give it a whirl.
Wouldn't it be nice if I could be
Daddy's little girl?
Shaikh Haneef's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Daddy little girl. for Girls. by Shaikh Haneef )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- RAINBOW, RAJNI CHHABRA
- Deep and sank, hasmukh amathalal
- Odia Poem- SAMAYA, Jitendra seth
- आंनि लोगोफ्रा आंनि खोथाखौ बुजिया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Peace in the air, Vidura Prabhath
- Odia Poem- To Apekshyare mu, Jitendra seth
- आंनि बोरै गोरोन्थि जाखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Odia Poem- JHADA, Jitendra seth
- Gratitude, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- My Thoughts, Michael P. McParland