Dare to dream
Dare to dream and defy all odds of this earth,
Cease not 'till your last breath -
'till the advent of that relentless rival dubbed 'death'!
Cease not to dream 'till you leave this cursed earth!
Dare to dream and dream and dream
And always stay on top like cream!
Shout loud above all scathing screams:
'The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams! '
Dare to dream and reach great heights,
Work hard through toilsome days and consoling nights,
For, all heights by great men reached and kept
Were not attained by sudden flight
But by toiling upwards in the night,
Whilst their compatriots slept!
Dare to dream...
Work and walk in patience though the journey be long,
Dream and do things, not dream them all day long!
Comfort Ndlovu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dare to dream by Comfort Ndlovu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Box Of Life, John Ugolo Umah
- What A Life!, John Ugolo Umah
- Wondrous Love, BRENDA KANSHABETUMUSHABE
- Look Into Me, John Ugolo Umah
- 'Madness' (Senryu), Mihaela Pirjol
- Artists (Senryu), Mihaela Pirjol
- heart of den, ademola oluwabusayo
- Rain, Neela Nath
- Somehow...Someway, Charles Hancock
- Truly Inspiring, Electric Lady