A dark, dark light shines deep inside
I opened my heart, to you I confide
Don't abuse my trust and throw in my face
my dark sordid past, my time of disgrace.
I want to be free, free from my thought
but its so hard happiness can't be bought
All I wanted was a friend, someone special to me.
All I wanted was you, but you couldn't see.
The light was so dark, it didn't shine bright
but it brightened my life in the dark of my night.
Now in the daylight it doesn't show
But when the night comes, then I know.
I know it was wrong to put my faith in you
I gave you my love and away you flew
Still my dark, dark light
shines bright in the night
and I keep hoping one day you'll see my light.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dark Light by Penni Currie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock
- From Chibok With Love, Adeosun Olamide
- Happy Teacher's Day,2014, India, Dr John Celes
- Established To Accept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Feel So Stupid, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Thatch and Kilimanjaro, lee fones
- GAZA'S TRIUMPH IS EVERYONE'S انتصار غزة .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- How, George Egba
- I Called Out To Love, Lora Colon