A dark, dark light shines deep inside
I opened my heart, to you I confide
Don't abuse my trust and throw in my face
my dark sordid past, my time of disgrace.
I want to be free, free from my thought
but its so hard happiness can't be bought
All I wanted was a friend, someone special to me.
All I wanted was you, but you couldn't see.
The light was so dark, it didn't shine bright
but it brightened my life in the dark of my night.
Now in the daylight it doesn't show
But when the night comes, then I know.
I know it was wrong to put my faith in you
I gave you my love and away you flew
Still my dark, dark light
shines bright in the night
and I keep hoping one day you'll see my light.
Penni Currie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dark Light by Penni Currie )
- I am so unfortunate, gajanan mishra
- Assign All Guilt, Margaret Alice Second
- Find everything, gajanan mishra
- Art Is My True Love, Rohit Sapra
- Give no title, hasmukh amathalal
- Pause, Don Tiedemann
- A pitcher of poison, gajanan mishra
- PM, Don Tiedemann
- Well Past Noon, Don Tiedemann
- Notes From An Amateur, Don Tiedemann
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)