Daughters.....the softness and laughter of a home
Daughters are in ways proverbial gypsies.
Content an playful in their itsy bitsys.
The skip, the hop,
Wicker basket, off to shop.
Feel like the waft of calming breeze.
Wide eyed look when you sneeze.
Tender touch of a flower on cheek.
Your loving nod yearn to seek.
Add so much color to life,
forget you all the anguish, strife.
Vivacious laughter thrills.
The nooks an crannies fills.
Your heart and soul bloom.
Wash away your gloom.
They the tender shoots of today.
In time shall bloom another day.
Bring forth flowers of the morrows.
To slake the torment of your sorrows.
And one day late in evening shadows.
Amid song, dance and the meadows.
They go their way.
To a new abode, a better place.
To lend a cheer, to give solace.
Leave the stark an silence behind.
For you to find.
Only the stars to guide you by.
Awake in bed as you lie!
saadat tahir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Daughters.....the softness and laughter of a home by saadat tahir )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(march 12 1950)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Fish, Elizabeth Bishop
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie
- You Keep The Sea, Naveed Akram
- There's nothing like dance, Yisel Chong
- No One Could Ever Understand, Thabang Rakimane
- You made me evil, Yisel Chong