They open their doors before sunrise.
They open the two shutters of their windows
so the sunlight can enter.
With the breath of dawn
life is enjoyed.
a beam of sunlight
shining through a crack in the door
lies across closed eyelids.
Translated by Anne Fairbairn
Wadih Saadeh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dawn Death by Wadih Saadeh )
- Three Days Before You Left, Mikey Bachman
- Conceptualizing Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Different Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Little Abstract, Naveed Khalid
- With a logic, hasmukh amathalal
- Peaceful Sophistication, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- She Walks By Starlight, Mikey Bachman
- Snowdon, Naveed Khalid
- Intuition, Naveed Khalid