Day is dying
Day is dying! Float, o song,
Down the westward river,
Requiem chanting to the Day,
Day, the mighty giver!
Pierced by shafts of Time he bleeds,
Melted rubies sending
Through the river and the sky,
Earth and heaven blending.
All the long-drawn earthy banks
Up to cloudland lifting:
Slow between them drifts the swan
'Twixt two heavens drifting,
Wings half open like a flower.
In by deeper flushing,
Neck and breast as virgin's pure
Virgin proudly blushing.
Day is dying! Float, o swan,
Down the ruby river,
Follow, song, in requiem
To the mighty Giver!
George Eliot's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Day is dying by George Eliot )
- No one is, hasmukh amathalal
- Seizing The Arrears, Dexsta Ray
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah