Andrew David Dalby
We nearly met...leaving mere hints
of subtle reflected connections,
that longed to delicately linger.
She smiled, with no conditions;
nor hiding her near raw hunger.
Dared I admit, how I truly felt,
and torn my heart upon her alter?
For everything was in her eyes.
From the heady intoned desire,
to a distant time etched echo
that was just longing to be free.
She was complete in her radiance...
While I...I in agony, ached to burn;
Yet not plead for my forgiveness.
We so very nearly drifted together.
Our bodies, enticed, near entwined;
I felt our heart pulses, sweat leather.
and as our tender lips, slipped long sips,
In passionate and needy expectation;
I saw his nailed hard, wrapped hands,
rest about her, in cold determination.
It was with a whisper and hand gesture
that made me pause, stall then hesitate.
Then with a subtle sigh and sad blush,
she hinted this could be her checkmate.
so, with night, shining in her naked eye,
I watched her go... and let her die...
feeling her bullet...then sensing her dead-weight.
Andrew David Dalby's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dead weight. by Andrew David Dalby )
- Hidden Love~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- broken heart, jaquesha webb
- In My Head, Foster Teegarden
- Love is Splattered Everywhere!, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Deep Water, The Princess
- All Things Nice, Tania Montgomery
- Love is a Sad and Sorry Chameleon, Hebert Logerie
- Love Thru Poetic Passion, Sandra Feldman
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
- Tribute to the King, Tania Montgomery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- A New Day, Electric Lady
- Evening Star, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Heather Burns