Romar A. Pabustan
I am a deadpan.
Feels like a drifter.
Brothels are my milieus;
Heists are allegories;
Debauchery and gaucheness
Are all affronted me;
It is a true gash in my heart-
Courtesan would be courtesan-
Star-crossed stories are ensconcing;
Lycanthropy became beauty;
Charlatans are convincing;
Caches are now apparent;
Dissidents misread chrestomathy;
Man of akimbo has akrasia;
Champions are unrequited;
Alas is hurray;
Tunicles worn by villains...
Mockingbirds are now blue jays;
Blue jays are now mockingbirds!
Still Touracos are unheeded;
Tuscany is a battlefield;
Rococo is not an art anymore;
Dearth of fire is literary;
Opulent words are encumbrances;
Music is for the deaf;
Militarism is today’s commerce;
Science is more than a humbug;
Topicality is banal;
Elhi education is gambling house;
Religion died after Christ gone;
But I am still a deadpan...
Taciturnity is my spectacle;
Virtuousness is my spyglass;
Creativity is my enthusiasm;
Dream is my vista...
I am a deadpan!
Pride is Pulitzer Prize.
Death grip is the Nobel Prize.
Louver and Smithsonian are domiciles-
A thespian at his most sublime,
But battered by cat-o’-nine-tails,
Like conundrums with great details.
I am a deadpan...
Looks like a silent lamb,
But I am a tinderbox
Me and my
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deadpan Comedy by Romar A. Pabustan )
- TWO LOVERS ON A PORCH IN THE MIDWEST, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- See and feel, gajanan mishra
- Am i here by virtue of the shadows, cristobal Benjumea
- SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE SUN, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- I am always with you, gajanan mishra
- SOFT POCKET HERCULES, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- You cannot go, gajanan mishra
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)