Dr John Celes
Dear God, My Lord…
You've been with me though I was ungrateful;
You stood by me in times of trials, need;
You blessed me all along in life so far;
You love me dearly though I often stray!
You guide me in myriad ways in my life;
You protect me against my unseen foes;
You talk to me to do all things aright;
You punish me to help me stay righteous.
You care for me more than my parents do;
You watch my deeds, reveling in my feats;
You inspire me to do great things through faith;
You encourage me do things heavenly!
You lead me through life's dire straits so well;
You direct my destiny in your ways;
You save me from hazardous situations;
You drive the devils out of my life's way.
You love me more than I ever deserve;
You plan my future meticulously;
You want me reach the dizzy heights you plan;
You desire that I come back most pure!
O Lord, Most High, you know my weaknesses;
O God of love, you want me not to sin;
O loving Father, make me walk Thine ways!
My creator, help me live just for Thee!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 15-02-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dear God, My Lord… by Dr John Celes )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek
- Undoubtedly something has gone wrong, Ravikumar C.P.
- Fire brand - Judge, gajanan mishra
- One grid, hasmukh amathalal
- 'Lefty', Robert Eckstein
- Seek in grace, hasmukh amathalal
- Mist of thought, Aftab Alam
- Cast Off, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Need to maintain, hasmukh amathalal