Dr John Celes
Dear God, My Lord…
You've been with me though I was ungrateful;
You stood by me in times of trials, need;
You blessed me all along in life so far;
You love me dearly though I often stray!
You guide me in myriad ways in my life;
You protect me against my unseen foes;
You talk to me to do all things aright;
You punish me to help me stay righteous.
You care for me more than my parents do;
You watch my deeds, reveling in my feats;
You inspire me to do great things through faith;
You encourage me do things heavenly!
You lead me through life's dire straits so well;
You direct my destiny in your ways;
You save me from hazardous situations;
You drive the devils out of my life's way.
You love me more than I ever deserve;
You plan my future meticulously;
You want me reach the dizzy heights you plan;
You desire that I come back most pure!
O Lord, Most High, you know my weaknesses;
O God of love, you want me not to sin;
O loving Father, make me walk Thine ways!
My creator, help me live just for Thee!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 15-02-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dear God, My Lord… by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- In Just One Week They Said That You Were.., mary douglas
- Bible Thumpers and Fuzzy Bumpers, Monk E. Biz
- The Greatness of Ascetics(Section 3 of T.., rajendran muthiah
- It came like a storm, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- please don't take her, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Car Lights (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Expression Eruption: Alcohol, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Death please came and take me, tsholofelo phakathi
- The Ph.D. Guide & The Girl Scholar (A Lo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- And Were You Dreaming In The Licorice Ni.., mary douglas