dear moon why are we so gray?
the skys are black tonight and theres a blue moon above my head
the sky seems sad tonight and now the moon is bleeding red
i look up to the sky
i feel so small
asking it for the answers
but all it ever gives me is silence-all you ever give me is silence
i ask you dear moon 'what's wrong with me y are all my colors gray? '
but u dear moon never answered my question
as the light began transforming night into day
i said 'dear moon why must you be this way? '
and finally you answered much to my delight
u sent a shooting star to chase away the night
and moon u did answer
from your pearch high in the sky
you said to me dearest moon 'i am you and you are i'
so i said 'well y so quite moon? '
and she said 'well y so quite girl? '
and then i had my answer.
everything looks gray in the stars light and you my Love will always be my star.
Lara wolf's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (dear moon why are we so gray? by Lara wolf )
- Love and True love, Tilde Sauffaus
- On - that note, sEaN nOrTh
- In The Quiet Of The Night, Clive Blake
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #8, Brian Johnston
- Old Drunk's Advice to an Anxious Beau, Donal Mahoney
- TWAILE! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Mother, Tamara Dunn
- Autumn, Mark Hamilton
- J.Bast, I try your face... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- It's Not Nice To Kill Other People, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns