dear moon why are we so gray?
the skys are black tonight and theres a blue moon above my head
the sky seems sad tonight and now the moon is bleeding red
i look up to the sky
i feel so small
asking it for the answers
but all it ever gives me is silence-all you ever give me is silence
i ask you dear moon 'what's wrong with me y are all my colors gray? '
but u dear moon never answered my question
as the light began transforming night into day
i said 'dear moon why must you be this way? '
and finally you answered much to my delight
u sent a shooting star to chase away the night
and moon u did answer
from your pearch high in the sky
you said to me dearest moon 'i am you and you are i'
so i said 'well y so quite moon? '
and she said 'well y so quite girl? '
and then i had my answer.
everything looks gray in the stars light and you my Love will always be my star.
Lara wolf's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (dear moon why are we so gray? by Lara wolf )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Amazing Day, Ronald Chapman
- Mr & Mrs toad 30 sec ditty, lee fones
- A bold voice sings..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- 시 벚꽃, Ronald Chapman
- rattled 'n saddled, Mandolyn ...
- Cherry Blossom Time (Korea Regional), Ronald Chapman
- Sounds of Silence, Anita Sehgal
- ANNE FRANK FANTASIZES, jack peachum
- 내 한국의 많은 꿈 중 하나 (지역) 꿈, Ronald Chapman
- Titanic - My Love, Mohammed Rakibul Hossain