Dr. Sakti P. Chakravorty
I love life
To adore death,
I buy life
To earn death.
I burn life
To illuminate death,
I spend life
To glut death.
I lend ‘life-warmth’
I enliven life
Verily life is –
Event: Crash landing.
Death is reality show
Event: Safe landing.
A labyrinth: Like blind lane
Life: Unguided missile,
Death: Guided missile.
Open avenue, esplanade
No traffic rule,
All are welcomed
No red eyed law of modernity.
Death: Kingdom of –
All fulfillments. Joys,
Ye, Death I embrace your
Magnanimous, majestic splendor.
Copyright reserved by the Author
Dr. Sakti P. Chakravorty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DEATH REDEFINED by Dr. Sakti P. Chakravorty )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(3rd April 19sixty)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne