There was no sky over your
head. You sidestep the lake
and drown in a stream.
After carpet bombing of
scars, you missed the moon
and skimmed by
virtue of birth.
Lifting the stony vices
for thanksgiving. A puppet─
dies on a string. Nobody
claims the body.
Mistrust runs deep. You
will not ride the tiger─
again. The urn contains the
ashes of blue eyes.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deeply Scarred by Satish Verma )
- Pohela Boishakh [Bangla New Year], Md. Ziaul Haque
- Till We Meet Again, Arno Le Roux
- The CPI(M) District Secretary, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Being Humane!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- You Can Change The World With A Smile, Pushkar Bisht
- Lines Inscribed in a Lady's Pocket Alman.., Robert Burns
- Epitaph on the same, Robert Burns
- Place Identities., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Way We Are......, Garima Trivedi
- Living A Gift....., Garima Trivedi
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)