There was no sky over your
head. You sidestep the lake
and drown in a stream.
After carpet bombing of
scars, you missed the moon
and skimmed by
virtue of birth.
Lifting the stony vices
for thanksgiving. A puppet─
dies on a string. Nobody
claims the body.
Mistrust runs deep. You
will not ride the tiger─
again. The urn contains the
ashes of blue eyes.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deeply Scarred by Satish Verma )
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- it is almost poetry, Mandolyn ...
- Wisdom's great aim, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Quite same, hasmukh amathalal
- Lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Exquisite Thing, Mark R. Elias
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)