Did you know that
Every idea you have
Is simply that? An idea
Encrusted with memories,
That somewhere in the world
There is someone holding
And defending with his life
Exactly the opposite idea?
That human truth is local?
That God is oblivious of all
And dispersed in the machine?
Hunger, thirst, pain,
Wakefulness, sleep, birth,
Pleasure and death-
These are the only realities
Defensible as pertinent to all.
Anyone who tries to tell you elsewise is
a lovely, well-intentioned fool.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Desiderata by Morgan Michaels )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ode to Arizona on a Hot Summer's Day, Adam M. Snow
- Forgiveness, Tony Ford
- Chaperon, Nassy Fesharaki
- Great Warmth of a Curious Heart, B.. Alexander
- Whereabouts, B.. Alexander
- you're tall enough to ride this ride, Mandolyn ...
- Acrostic, Cheryl Griffith
- Heart, Sello Matsepe
- It Feels So Far Away This Evening..., B.. Alexander
- Neophytic Gay-Blade, Richard Thripp