We who are called morals
were tossed on this stage
to display gifts divine.
Everyone a say
Every man his day.
Thy skills once locked in cage
We cuddle and fold on this stage
to fulfil our destinies.
Like bees in hives
our honey will unearth
sweet worthy passions
To cause the angels to sing
To cheer the virtues of mankind cause
as they cross life's treacherous line.
A claim to be worthy
Our heavenly prize.
Godfrey Morris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Destiny by Godfrey Morris )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Poem of the Day
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss
- As an emigrant كمهاجر, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Two Little Boats, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- The Golden Swan, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- As a passer-bye, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is Blue, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Song of Yuletide Night, Sir Toby Moses
- Another Jungle Pool, Denis Martindale
- Buy Me, My Love, Tom Navarro