"Did You Never Know?"
Did you never know, long ago, how much you loved me --
That your love would never lessen and never go?
You were young then, proud and fresh-hearted,
You were too young to know.
Fate is a wind, and red leaves fly before it
Far apart, far away in the gusty time of year --
Seldom we meet now, but when I hear you speaking,
I know your secret, my dear, my dear.
Sara Teasdale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ("Did You Never Know?" by Sara Teasdale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sitting In The Time's House, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Nearly Canonized Recently, Monk E. Biz
- Burquawalli, May I Ask, Why Is Saudi Ara.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friend 3, Neela Nath
- Chicken dance, gajanan mishra
- Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After Love's Partition, Velvet Boots
- Pleasures Of Love, Lilly Emery
- Enchantment Of Yesterday, RoseAnn V. Shawiak