"Did You Never Know?"
Did you never know, long ago, how much you loved me --
That your love would never lessen and never go?
You were young then, proud and fresh-hearted,
You were too young to know.
Fate is a wind, and red leaves fly before it
Far apart, far away in the gusty time of year --
Seldom we meet now, but when I hear you speaking,
I know your secret, my dear, my dear.
Sara Teasdale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ("Did You Never Know?" by Sara Teasdale )
Did you read them?
- Simply Is No End, Margaret Alice Second
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Intellectual Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God Is Light, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Welcome Autumn, Abdullah alHemaidy
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
- Death wish, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Through crisis, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Maurice Polydore-Marie-Bernard Maeterlinck
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1886 - 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)