A girl called K, invited me today
Her house is the only place that we can stay,
Together, staring at each others eyes,
Having some nervous laughs while I realise,
I really wanted to kiss her but how do i do it? ,
Does it come naturally that’s the scary bit,
What if she rejects me and pushes me away,
Will everything ever be normal after that, I dare say!
As I strain my mind to think very hard
The only thing that comes to my mind is a google search.
She looks at me with her face flushed red,
Being dense, I wondered if she was sick,
I didn’t know at the time how to read the moment,
That’s why I uttered such a silly statement,
I mustered up my courage and finally asked,
Can I kiss you? And she laughed
Then looked at me straight in the eyes
And said ok with her lips slightly apart.
I licked my lips and approached her awkwardly,
She positioned herself comfortably,
As my face approached her, I was mesmerized.
Can someone be this beautiful I was paralyzed
I gasped, Good Lord! Is it real?
Her face was so stunning; this chance is a steal,
Her eyes glittered like a cats and she smelled so addictive,
Time stopped, as I scanned her face like a detective,
I asked her worriedly “Is it okay now? ”
“Just fucking kiss me its about time! ” somehow
I quickly closed my eyes and locked lips,
I lost all my strength for several minutes
Savouring the moment a though came across my mind
What if she felt conflicted with the ex that she left behind
I backed away red in the face,
What if I went overboard straight to third base?
Then I got greedy and asked her once more,
“Can I kiss you, princess? ” I was very nervous for sure!
This time her reply was different,
“I don’t care” is how she answered my question
I pondered if my request was a difficult proposition.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Difficult Proposition by Faieq Ahmed )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 February 1970-)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Carpe Diem, Naveed Khalid
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Tumhe main Peyar Nehi de, Kumar Vishwas
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- Promise And Possibility, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poem N10, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N9, Kristian Djordjanov
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N7, Kristian Djordjanov
- Twilight of Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Poem N6, Kristian Djordjanov
- Blesses Be, Clara Keiper
- Poem N5, Kristian Djordjanov