Difficult times; the clock keep ticking.
The winds of despair blows;
The nightingale is solemnly chirping.
Each day poses a steaming broth of oppression,
The soup is sour, but the hungered are a' plenty.
Difficulty smears their faces,
As wrinkles replace what once held gay smiles.
With each step, they stagger;
With each breath, they tire.
Difficult times; embittered in the ruins of despair,
The clock ticks on their threshold,
As they bend back in hardship trying to bear…
The aches, that stem from the scares of life;
The dying hope;
The strife, that seemingly never ends.
But underneath, they solemnly whisper a prayer;
Holding tight, to the straws that hope allows them grasp.
"Everything has an end", they reckon.
Difficult times…difficult times;
Good thing the clock keeps ticking.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Difficult Times by Mifa words )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- WEEPER TRAIN 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- DESPICABLE ME 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- CHILDHOOD'S MAGIC 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- SENSE OF HUMOR VS. PENIS, Beryl Dov
- GOD VS. MAN, Beryl Dov
- SENSE OF HUMOR VS. COMMON SENSE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- CONSOLATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- LIP AUGMENTATION VS. DAISY DUCK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- DON'T LOSE YOUR BALANCE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HUMORLESS ASSHOLES 10 WORD, Beryl Dov