oh Lord, I hear distant bells.
Far away bells
that take me back
to a far away place.
I wanna hear distant bells.
A gentle reminder
of a time long ago.
New England, I recall.
A southern town I knew,
somewhere in Vermont,
nearby the New Hampshire borderline.
Way off in the distance
I hear bells.
Those distant bells
calling for me.
oh Lord, I wanna hear, distant bells.
Bells that remind me of
a quiet time in a quiet place.
that remind me of
a distant time
so long ago.
Can you hear them?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Distant Bells by bob barci )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Honour my feelings!, Rekha Mandagere
- The End is Coming, michael hagwood
- A pencil on a painting, Ntando.B Da poet
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez
- Far Off, Sentamu Aziz
- Mill By The River, Stratis Havarti