A long pause
after my signature peel
of the spasm.
It was a broken flight
of an anguished
end in itself.
an apolitical fault
for an apology.
Illegal, soaring, preparing
to take a dive
in the pit of fire.
For a gospel truth you
take cloak off the dagger.
You will sell your nudes.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DISTRAUGHT by Satish Verma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- Flames of Hell, Loretta Doyle Smalley
- The Criminal V, Khalil Gibran
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- The Owl, Arthur Sze