Aleksey Konstantinovich Tolstoy
Do Not Believe
Do not believe, my dearest, when I say
That I no longer love you.
When the tide ebbs do not believe the sea -
It will return anew.
Already I long for you, and passion fills me,
I yield my freedom thus to you once more.
Already the waves return with shouts and glee
To fill again that same belovèd shore.
Aleksey Konstantinovich Tolstoy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Do Not Believe by Aleksey Konstantinovich Tolstoy )
- Erectile Dysfunction, Foster Teegarden
- AS SEPTEMBER 21 KNOCKS AT MY DOOR ONCE A.., M.D Dinesh Nair
- The moment اللحظة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SES, Andy Caldwell
- drunken beauty, lee fones
- My beloved, Reza parhizgar
- Ghost Orchid, Pasquale DiMeola
- Captivity, Mark Heathcote
- Old Wall Clock Haiku, Chenou Liu
- Difficult Problems, Dennis Lange
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)