Dolly The Sheep
These scientists who tamper with Nature
Who look on life forms as cheap
Feel proud of their latest achievement
The cloning of Dolly the Sheep.
They see themselves greater than Nature
A boost to the human I.Q.
The whole world knows of their creation
The marvellous things mankind can do.
They've successfully dabbled in life forms
And they've come up with the perfect clone
Some one in a position of power
Ought to tell them to leave Mother Nature alone.
For Nature is greater than mankind
No matter what some think or say
And for interference with things that are natural
There always is some price to pay.
Us humans we don't seem to learn
From the mistakes of yesterday
The mad cow disease in Great Britain
May seem a long distance away.
But the farmers of Britain now poorer
And worse human lives have been lost
For tampering with Mother Nature
There has to be some sort of cost.
Scientists boast of their latest achievement
Their cloning of Dolly the Sheep
But those who with life forms tamper
Look on Mother Nature as cheap.
They boast that they now can clone humans
And nothing beyond their control
If this be so these clever fellows
Must find for their human a soul.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dolly The Sheep by Francis Duggan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
Poem of the Day
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul
- There you are, Cee Bea
- Memories:, Gaurav Pandey
- Loneliness, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Christmas Tree, Zoila T. Flores
- I Did Not Ask Him, But Said He, I Am A M.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- An Umbrella, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Cloudless Rain, Aftab Alam