Dolly The Sheep
These scientists who tamper with Nature
Who look on life forms as cheap
Feel proud of their latest achievement
The cloning of Dolly the Sheep.
They see themselves greater than Nature
A boost to the human I.Q.
The whole world knows of their creation
The marvellous things mankind can do.
They've successfully dabbled in life forms
And they've come up with the perfect clone
Some one in a position of power
Ought to tell them to leave Mother Nature alone.
For Nature is greater than mankind
No matter what some think or say
And for interference with things that are natural
There always is some price to pay.
Us humans we don't seem to learn
From the mistakes of yesterday
The mad cow disease in Great Britain
May seem a long distance away.
But the farmers of Britain now poorer
And worse human lives have been lost
For tampering with Mother Nature
There has to be some sort of cost.
Scientists boast of their latest achievement
Their cloning of Dolly the Sheep
But those who with life forms tamper
Look on Mother Nature as cheap.
They boast that they now can clone humans
And nothing beyond their control
If this be so these clever fellows
Must find for their human a soul.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dolly The Sheep by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ode To The Iroko Dryad, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- What one should not do jn the learned as.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- I Got Lost in Your Eyes, Hebert Logerie
- Crawling Into Bed, Michael McParland
- Prime Truth - 95, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 94, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Whatever Happened?, Mark Kosek
- Prime Truth - 93, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Lacertilian Writers, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Painful Throbbing Tides, Michael McParland