Cows in the barn was glad to see me at six in the morning
They mooed and waited for me to milk them.
Six cows to milk, yes I know it was a small farm and also
So very long time ago, yet clear as yesterday.
There was in the barn also a pig sty, a stable for the horse
Calves in a pen and they all wanted my attention.
Domestic animals are easy to please, just feed them keep
Their winter quarters clean and speak softly.
Domestic animals are so totally I our power without us
They would not exist in the form they are today.
In a compound a flock of sheep make themselves heard
They are hardy and want to get out snow or not.
So they are our responsibility and we must respect and
Love them, even if, at the end, we eat them.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Domestic animals by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hello, man!, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Passage beyond, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- In search of singularity, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- I am real, gajanan mishra
- God-Love The Great Sugar Cube, Monk E. Biz
- Guiding Through Turmoil, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cosmic luvgasmacomastoned! ! ! ! ! ! ! !.., Monk E. Biz
- Love, love, love, gajanan mishra
- Tunnels Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak