David Lewis Paget
She sat at the edge of the second floor,
‘I'm going to jump! ' she cried,
He stood well back from the balcony,
‘You lied, ' she said, ‘you lied!
You swore we'd marry before the Spring
That I'd always be with you…'
‘I didn't promise you anything,
It's not what I want to do! '
‘Well, why did you lead me on, ' she said,
‘Did you want to break my heart,
I'll fling myself from this building if
We're going to be apart.'
‘I've got a lot of living to do
Before I take a wife,
You said that you'd never tie me down,
That you wanted to live your life.'
‘I wanted to live my life with you
Is all that I really meant,
But now you're twisting my words, you want
To set up an argument.'
He said, ‘You're getting hysterical,
I think that you ought to jump, '
Took one step back, and lifted his foot,
Then planted it in her rump.
She flew off the top of the doll's house
And sat squat on the gravel drive,
Just as her mother motored up,
‘I see that you're still alive! '
His father wandered from out the door
And waved to her mother, Gwen,
‘I thought I could trust you two out here,
I see what you're doing, Ben! '
‘I think she's been watching the Soaps again,
She's always the drama queen,
What have you said to Ben, ' said Gwen,
‘He's just as bad, ' said Deane.
‘What have you got to say for yourself,
Apologise to Gwen! '
‘She said that she wanted to marry me,
But she knows that I'm only ten! '
23 July 2014
David Lewis Paget's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Drama Queen by David Lewis Paget )
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.40, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.39, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.38, Monk E. Biz
- Changes, Tex T Sarnie
- Mankind, Tex T Sarnie
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.37, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.36, Monk E. Biz
- What Obama..Years Sought...Served Up On .., James B. Earley
- The Dream Catcher, Savita Tyagi
- Believe In Your Own Life Again, Shalom Freedman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)