Brad J. McClure
Dream of this girl
Not seeing her fully
Not seeing enough to know her true identity
Why does she return to my dreams
Golden hair reflects the sun
I know not of who she is
Am i in love?
Have i gone mad?
Dreaming up a women to accompany me
Every endless night
I never want to wake up from my minds paradise
Is she just my imagination running wild?
I know she is real
She must be real
If she is not
Than i don't want to be
If she is the better part of me
Than so it shall be
As i awaken every night
I place my hand over my heart to make sure it still beats
Who i hope she is
Is who she shall reveal he self to be
But what is to hope for
Is she to hope for
She is the girl not of but in my dreams
And i hope for her
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I welcome feedback on this poem and personal thought on my dreams.
Thank you for reading
Comments about this poem (Dream of this girl by Brad J. McClure )
- I choose nature to you, Vidura Prabhath
- [FIVE] - of roses in a decaying memory, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- My Winter Bed, BARRY WYATT JR.
- Forget You Not, Forget You Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- L'amour est un Triste Caméléon, Hebert Logerie
- स्वप्न, dhirajkumar taksande
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns