I lie whilst lying.
I've given up on denying.
Resurfaced thoughts afloat.
I'm in a park…
In a garden to be precise.
Long coat, dark night.
Light reflects off green leaves,
steam gushes as I softly speak.
I'm now nearby a giant bay,
a face so large I feel like prey.
Standing still, eye on eye,
Pages turn, stories end,
yet I read this book again.
Christopher Soto's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Written on: 26/11/2013
Comments about this poem (Dream on... by Christopher Soto )
- Wow Suddenly! ! ! ....., Michael P. Johnson
- Wonder World, Sentamu Aziz
- Where Do You Think To Be....., Michael P. Johnson
- Who To Blame, Sentamu Aziz
- The Girl of My Dreams, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Ocean of Dreams, Bill Cantrell
- My Ego & my Wife, Laxman Rao
- Seed of Revenge, Oduro Bright Amoh
- In The Blue, Spiritwind Wood
- Love me when I am afraid to lust, Nancy Handabile
Poem of the Day
- Nettles, Vernon Scannell
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet 14 - If thou must love me, let it.., Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY, Vivek Tiwari
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)