I lie whilst lying.
I've given up on denying.
Resurfaced thoughts afloat.
I'm in a park…
In a garden to be precise.
Long coat, dark night.
Light reflects off green leaves,
steam gushes as I softly speak.
I'm now nearby a giant bay,
a face so large I feel like prey.
Standing still, eye on eye,
Pages turn, stories end,
yet I read this book again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Written on: 26/11/2013
Comments about this poem (Dream on... by Christopher Soto )
- Nigeria Arise and Save thyself, Henry Isiekwe
- Not a minute or a day too late or soon, Mark Heathcote
- Little makes a lot, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- In For A Penny, In For A Buck, Noah Body
- Shriveled Up Inside A Rose, Is It Poetry
- Meditation, Robert Eckstein
- হে নারী, Md. Ziaul Haque
- অনিন্দ্য সৌন্দর্য তোমার, Md. Ziaul Haque
- তুমি আসবে যদি জানতাম আগে, Md. Ziaul Haque
- আমি প্রতিদিন লিখতে চাই, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)