I lie whilst lying.
I've given up on denying.
Resurfaced thoughts afloat.
I'm in a park…
In a garden to be precise.
Long coat, dark night.
Light reflects off green leaves,
steam gushes as I softly speak.
I'm now nearby a giant bay,
a face so large I feel like prey.
Standing still, eye on eye,
Pages turn, stories end,
yet I read this book again.
Christopher Soto's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Written on: 26/11/2013
Comments about this poem (Dream on... by Christopher Soto )
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar
- Postman, Naveed Khalid
- Nightmare, Naveed Khalid
- Snowdon, Naveed Khalid
- Right is Right, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan