Dreams, pleasant journeys in my sleep
Dreams are where I jump and fly
Dreams are where all I’ve wanted and all I’ve wished
Come true, but only in dreams.
Dreams I ascend go beyond my mortal coil
Dreams I become master of my fate
Dreams are where I dance and sing
Dreams are where I don’t hesitate.
Dreams are where love rings true
Dreams are where I have my ideal mate
Dreams are where the perfect romance is consummate
Dreams are where love is eternal born.
Dreams are where I fear not
Dreams are where I risk all
And I risk it because I am free
In Dreams I become more than reality.
Dreams cleanses my soul
Dreams free my burdens from my mind
Dreams allow me respite from the daily grind
Only here can I relive my joys and hopes.
For when I wake
The world has not waited
The world does not care
The world strips me of my hopes, my dreams.
I wait as the day grinds painfully slow
I watch the clock tick-tock
I go through my routine, my daily pain
Because I know when I slumber, I’ll dream again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams by R.M. Wright )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- No Such Thing as Safe Sex, A.j. Binash
- i wonder what it smells like in your head, Mandolyn Davidson
- Hager Twin Jim & LEG-SHAVING MANIACS, Richard Thripp
- my pen bleedeth out for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Leta', Quenten McClellan
- My Anguish Heart, Lilly Emery
- The Vampires Of War, Osman Gani
- To Run From Fun, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- True Love?, Jesus James Llorico
- Email Hell, Death is Less Painful, LUVinThe NOW