Dreams, pleasant journeys in my sleep
Dreams are where I jump and fly
Dreams are where all I’ve wanted and all I’ve wished
Come true, but only in dreams.
Dreams I ascend go beyond my mortal coil
Dreams I become master of my fate
Dreams are where I dance and sing
Dreams are where I don’t hesitate.
Dreams are where love rings true
Dreams are where I have my ideal mate
Dreams are where the perfect romance is consummate
Dreams are where love is eternal born.
Dreams are where I fear not
Dreams are where I risk all
And I risk it because I am free
In Dreams I become more than reality.
Dreams cleanses my soul
Dreams free my burdens from my mind
Dreams allow me respite from the daily grind
Only here can I relive my joys and hopes.
For when I wake
The world has not waited
The world does not care
The world strips me of my hopes, my dreams.
I wait as the day grinds painfully slow
I watch the clock tick-tock
I go through my routine, my daily pain
Because I know when I slumber, I’ll dream again.
R.M. Wright's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams by R.M. Wright )
- Lavender, Cee Bea
- THE SHRIEK, Satish Verma
- The Terror, David Lewis Paget
- Union - within us, gajanan mishra
- Haiku(GOD), Aftab Alam
- chaos of Christmas near, lee fones
- The earth is moving, gajanan mishra
- ONLY YOU JESUS ONLY YOU, Michael P. Johnson
- GOD! WATCHING, TESTING, Michael P. Johnson
- GOD'S TRUTH STANDING, Michael P. Johnson
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Racism Haiku - Ice Cream, john tiong chunghoo
- Blah Blah Blank Blank, vincent armone
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)