Dreams, pleasant journeys in my sleep
Dreams are where I jump and fly
Dreams are where all I’ve wanted and all I’ve wished
Come true, but only in dreams.
Dreams I ascend go beyond my mortal coil
Dreams I become master of my fate
Dreams are where I dance and sing
Dreams are where I don’t hesitate.
Dreams are where love rings true
Dreams are where I have my ideal mate
Dreams are where the perfect romance is consummate
Dreams are where love is eternal born.
Dreams are where I fear not
Dreams are where I risk all
And I risk it because I am free
In Dreams I become more than reality.
Dreams cleanses my soul
Dreams free my burdens from my mind
Dreams allow me respite from the daily grind
Only here can I relive my joys and hopes.
For when I wake
The world has not waited
The world does not care
The world strips me of my hopes, my dreams.
I wait as the day grinds painfully slow
I watch the clock tick-tock
I go through my routine, my daily pain
Because I know when I slumber, I’ll dream again.
R.M. Wright's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams by R.M. Wright )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Unlimited Beauty, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- A Quarrel, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Lighthouse by the Sea, Mary Bone
- Imagination's Gardens, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Betrayed, Vanessa Parodia
- meri zingagi ek kahaani bn gyi, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- Nighttime Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A song of sadness, Vanessa Parodia
- Eternal Wanderlust, Leah Ayliffe
- star came to me, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER