Dreams, pleasant journeys in my sleep
Dreams are where I jump and fly
Dreams are where all I’ve wanted and all I’ve wished
Come true, but only in dreams.
Dreams I ascend go beyond my mortal coil
Dreams I become master of my fate
Dreams are where I dance and sing
Dreams are where I don’t hesitate.
Dreams are where love rings true
Dreams are where I have my ideal mate
Dreams are where the perfect romance is consummate
Dreams are where love is eternal born.
Dreams are where I fear not
Dreams are where I risk all
And I risk it because I am free
In Dreams I become more than reality.
Dreams cleanses my soul
Dreams free my burdens from my mind
Dreams allow me respite from the daily grind
Only here can I relive my joys and hopes.
For when I wake
The world has not waited
The world does not care
The world strips me of my hopes, my dreams.
I wait as the day grinds painfully slow
I watch the clock tick-tock
I go through my routine, my daily pain
Because I know when I slumber, I’ll dream again.
R.M. Wright's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams by R.M. Wright )
- Leaf to Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Strange Paradox, Sandra Feldman
- Celebrate Life, david kush
- Speechless, Michael McParland
- The Road That Leads To There, Is It Poetry
- The girl of great beauty was not to be f.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Moon's Rebellion, Kewayne Wadley
- African Funeral, onzia dan
- Scavenger, Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa
- Letter To My Rose (Part F), Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns