I pick up our old photo album of what used to be.
I turn the dusty pages full of memories.
Each day was a struggle for me.
Complaints of friends mixed with feelings, I didn't know who was me.
I come upon a memory so fine it brings tears to my eyes.
This memory, a picture of a fading sunset upon swaying trees.
The rainbow of dancing leaves frames us walking in ease.
Now as tears stream down my face I think of the battles we faced.
Fight after fight, screaming matches that lasted the night.
I shut these dusty memories away within a place yet not revealed.
Locked away deep inside, memories are concealed.
Now those memories in the past make me see how grateful I am to have moved on, without feeling to much dread for memories now etched in the past.
Chantelle Clark's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dusty Memories by Chantelle Clark )
- AS THE MANGALYAN 14 WOOS THE MARS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- Violence will always Beget more Violence, Hebert Logerie
- Pluis de muis, Madrason writer
- Digging well, gajanan mishra
- The father... dominating figure, hasmukh amathalal
- Fading Love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Walk Away, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Be Calm and Cool, Aftab Alam
- Saying I Do, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- A SONG FOR YOU, Saturday Chikezie Promise
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)