East to West
From east and west sides we empower
Our souls to withstand the highest pains;
Then the ships froth in the waters,
Balloons are vehemently exploding.
My image sustains pleasures and pauses,
The poems of disorder are renewed.
Where caves in the roof of our house?
In this pleasant abode rests the slain,
Witnesses of pleasure and happiness,
The awkward in pleasure, the ones who exist
To watch the other worlds with their thoughts.
These defend the strikes of their missiles,
The universe stuns us, you are not alone!
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (East to West by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Missing You, Ronald Chapman
- You Are Beautiful, Ronald Chapman
- The Gift, Ronald Chapman
- Reaching Yellow River, Roberta Hill Whiteman
- Philadelphia Flowers, Roberta Hill Whiteman
- Highland laddie, Peter Hall
- Night, Ronald Chapman
- Because such is life, Peter Hall
- Morning Talk, Roberta Hill Whiteman
- Heaven, Ronald Chapman