Dr John Celes
Upon the cross, a man was nailed,
Two thousand years ago;
A sinless soul, he took our sins,
And shed his blood all, oh!
He suffered in so many ways,
Before his death on cross;
God’ love for man was thus displayed,
As Christ became the Boss.
God’s love took flesh on Christmas Day
And died like you and me;
He sacrificed His precious life,
And paid a ransom free.
Third day, he rose and showed the world,
His power over death;
Death could not hold him in the tomb,
As mighty turned his birth.
If not for Easter, Christ wouldn’t be
The Lamb of God that’s slain;
His resurrection proved the point –
He was life, truth and lane.
Christ won a victory over death
And satan, devils, hell;
All Christians too can be like him,
In after-life, and well.
The Saviour saved mankind from rod,
And brought heaven so near;
All penitent can reach the Lord
With faith renewed sans fear.
Christ showed the way that pure of heart
Can rise alive from graves;
He proved to be the Son of God,
All souls, he surely saves!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Easter Poem by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Dead Theatre, rashmi sri
- The nest of love, Jesus James Llorico
- Pappou Elia To My Father In Australia 1.., Elia Michael
- The God of Fallen Leaves, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lonely Gallinule, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Appeasement, Stephanie Sharma
- Golden Boyhood, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Mysterious Beauty, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Complex Mind, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Twin stars, Zillur Rahman Shuvro