Dr John Celes
Upon the cross, a man was nailed,
Two thousand years ago;
A sinless soul, he took our sins,
And shed his blood all, oh!
He suffered in so many ways,
Before his death on cross;
God’ love for man was thus displayed,
As Christ became the Boss.
God’s love took flesh on Christmas Day
And died like you and me;
He sacrificed His precious life,
And paid a ransom free.
Third day, he rose and showed the world,
His power over death;
Death could not hold him in the tomb,
As mighty turned his birth.
If not for Easter, Christ wouldn’t be
The Lamb of God that’s slain;
His resurrection proved the point –
He was life, truth and lane.
Christ won a victory over death
And satan, devils, hell;
All Christians too can be like him,
In after-life, and well.
The Saviour saved mankind from rod,
And brought heaven so near;
All penitent can reach the Lord
With faith renewed sans fear.
Christ showed the way that pure of heart
Can rise alive from graves;
He proved to be the Son of God,
All souls, he surely saves!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Easter Poem by Dr John Celes )
- Within The System, Katherine Nordhaus
- Another, Katelin Taylor
- Under my bed, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Words have power, gajanan mishra
- 001, Pijush Biswas
- The Stream called Love, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Taking cover., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Unclothing Her, Do You Want To Photograp.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love You Mom, Harold R Hunt Sr
- what is it for, Bull Hawking
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner, Randall Jarrell
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)