A cloud of polished steel hangs over
The village, hollowed eyed people
Look up to the sky
Where is spring this year?
Like the man on the bridge they can
take no more.
For Paulo, the old carpenter it was
all too much, no wine could still his angst
of not seeing another spring and
his nightly screams echoed till dawn.
Dogs barked his time was over
hanging in the shed between his tractor
This shook the village out of stupor
No more waiting for what may never come,
a pig was slaughtered its blood an offering
to life itself.
The feast lasted for days.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eastertide by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Blue Neon Milk, Is It Poetry
- FOR SOUL TO SERENADE, Dr subhendu kar
- love it up like yeah?, Mandolyn ...
- The wind and the rocks, cristobal Benjumea
- World Of Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Creating A Christmas Tree, Doris Beaulieu
- What not to be done while a person is ly.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- buzz off bees, lee fones
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.39, Robert Graber
- Happy Birthday Dear Mum, Adewale Ajakanri