Joseph Seamon Cotter
Day passeth day in sunshine or shadow,
Night unto night each cycle is told;
Sun, moon and stars in whirling and glamour,
All unto all the creation unfold.
What of the strivings, what of the gropings,
Out from the darkness into the light?
What of the weepings, what of the grievings
Now from the day to the passionate night?
Stars of the stars, heavens of the heavens,
Rising or falling or pausing a span,
Each to the great "I am" replying
E'en as the crystal, e'en as man.
Chant of the worlds from aeon to aeon,
Song of the soul from dust unto dust,
Dream of the clods that, upward and starward,
Rise to the call of the primal "Thou must."
Space beyond space, eternity's vision,
Chaos to chaos, calm unto calm,
World beneath world, heaven above heaven,
Life but the urge, death but the balm.
Joseph Seamon Cotter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ego by Joseph Seamon Cotter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- You Are Your School, Lucy Azubuike
- Moon at Morning, Susan Stewart
- Splendid Colors of Life, Seema Chowdhury
- The Power of Silence, mark anthony st. rose
- White Marbles on Life's Floor, Seema Chowdhury
- Gift, Slavisa Bajcer
- There's Always Something New, Seema Chowdhury
- मेरी साँसो की कविता में, Lalit Kaira
- Heal and seal, hasmukh amathalal
- मैं एक फूल हूँ कांटो से, जिसकी नातेदार.., Aftab Alam