The season now upon us
Breathes out darkness, sucks in light
And the words that swathe the policies
Encompass us in night.
For Truth is held in prison
And is grieving for her soul,
While liars drum a roll.
The snappy phrase, evasion
And the blaring trumpet's sound
Distract us while she's buried
Truth's bones will not be found.
"Progress", "change", "a bright new day, "
And the empty race was run
The seasons run their courses -
The Earth spins round the sun.
The dying stars are riven
Their dust will scatter and burn
A golden dawn was promised
But night will soon return.
28th May 2012
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Election by Don Pearson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1498 - 1546)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- I am Hades Sweet Persephone, Tiger Auntunette
- Wisdom And Knowledge, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Child Slaughter, douglas scotney
- A slave to situation,, Aftab Alam
- Arctic Hero?, Denis Martindale
- The fate, gajanan mishra
- Five Cherry Blossoms To Despair., Martin Engstrom
- Depths Of Truth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You are not allowed to walk, gajanan mishra
- If you want success, gajanan mishra