The season now upon us
Breathes out darkness, sucks in light
And the words that swathe the policies
Encompass us in night.
For Truth is held in prison
And is grieving for her soul,
While liars drum a roll.
The snappy phrase, evasion
And the blaring trumpet's sound
Distract us while she's buried
Truth's bones will not be found.
"Progress", "change", "a bright new day, "
And the empty race was run
The seasons run their courses -
The Earth spins round the sun.
The dying stars are riven
Their dust will scatter and burn
A golden dawn was promised
But night will soon return.
28th May 2012
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Election by Don Pearson )
- Turn fatal, hasmukh amathalal
- She Is 52, Tyrone Gayle
- With nature, hasmukh amathalal
- Owl, kassem oude
- No ordinary, hasmukh amathalal
- Coal - your turn, gajanan mishra
- Bluff-masters As Contemporary Indian Eng.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- There Will Always Be Another Poem, Shalom Freedman
- This Is My Bungalow, This Is My Car, Thi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss