Elliot Bay Blues
For lovers here, there and everywhere……Seattle, June 2011
Elliot Bay Blues
In pensive solitude she stood before a vast ocean of sadness.
Sighing heavily she thinks of the love that was, of the love that is
And the love that could have been,
A love that always will be...
Slowly her shadow drifts into the sound and into the sibilant wind
And into the pristine waters of the bay
Never to be seen again.
As she stares hopelessly into the sunset,
Desirous yet desolate, a perfectly round teardrop rolled down her cheek.
And time stood still.
We inexplicably began to cry, friends and strangers, not knowing why.
But she knows our hearts cry for the one true love,
the love that never was and always will be.
In another life, in another season,
Love was here.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Elliot Bay Blues by Leonardo Diaz )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Rainfall, Anthony Daniels
- Maintaining Excellency, Anthony Daniels
- A Crying Shame, Anthony Daniels
- Crystal Consciousness, Margaret Alice Second
- Invest the present, gajanan mishra
- Free Gaff! !, Damian Murphy
- Blizzards are not snows, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- w0rk ya mAjiK - (Selah (take a moment to.., sEaN nOrTh
- At the End of the Rainbow, Reagan A. Latumbo
- yeah you got all the answers i know - an.., sEaN nOrTh