Here lies the body of Mister Paniker
who at the end of his panicking days
agreed to lie still for a while.
It's not known what happened to his soul
if indeed he ever had one.
He wasn't quite unlike any of us while he lived;
his flesh to tell the truth often revolted
and upset his delicate sensibility.
Space he could never control to his liking;
his sense of time you know wasn't strong either.
He had of course in his wallet many a theory;
the things he could touch however
told him a different story.
All his life he was patiently
learning how not to live at all.
Who knows perhaps
given another chance
he might do a better job of it than before.
And you who pass by
do not stop here for long
but move on quietly to the nearest graveyard
that may be waiting for you.
Ayyappa Paniker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Epitaph by Ayyappa Paniker )
- It's The Whys That Makes Us Suffer, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- Dessert With Youngest Son, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Loving Couple, Ronell Warren Alman
- Could he be right?, Von Kimball Barney
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey