Anna Laetitia Barbauld
Epitaph On The Same
Farewell, mild saint!—meek child of love, farewell!
Ill can this stone thy finished virtues tell.
Rest, rest in peace! the task of life is o'er;
Sorrows shall sting, and sickness waste no more.
But hard our task from one so loved to part,
While fond remembrance clings round every heart,—
Hard to resign the sister, friend, and wife,
And all that cheers, and all that softens life.
Farewell! for thee the gates of bliss unclose,
And endless joy succeeds to transient woes.
Anna Laetitia Barbauld's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Epitaph On The Same by Anna Laetitia Barbauld )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Farm, Joyce Sutphen
- The Exorcism, Joyce Sutphen
- The Exam, Joyce Sutphen
- Your Caddie And You, Edgar Albert Guest
- Only A Building, Edgar Albert Guest
- An Apple Tree In France, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Aunts, Joyce Sutphen
- Sometimes Never, Joyce Sutphen
- Sleep now, hasmukh amathalal
- OUR NEIGHBOR'S BABY, MOHAMMAD SKATI