Oh man, should you ask every time this inane a question?
If the love balance requires a near perfect equation
For, it is a feeling that goes beyond any plausible expression
Deeply ingrained and eternally kindled with no ephemeral rotation
Oh, don't you be part of those ignorant folks
Who deem love to be a sort of fun or lore
It is much more than an eye can see in the fore
and not less than what is keeping the angels in their ageless vows
Oh, don't ever ask ‘do you love me as much as I do'
Or say, ‘do you miss me as much as I do'
Or say ‘do you long for me as much as I do'
They are nothing but just superfluous notations
Oh dear, love singularly defines the essence of this life
gives a greater meaning to the lifeless voice
obliterates the seeming pain in the same while
and heaps the unseen happiness at every mile
Oh God, is it not a divinity hidden beneath the lustrous hearts?
singing the sonnets in the quiet and silent thoughts
with tears seamlessly mixing, though, never deliberately sought
gratifying the soul's innumerable, yet, unidvided, parts
Safi Hyder's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eternal Love by Safi Hyder )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Thou hast dove eyes, thou hast dove eyes., devon da poet
- Habits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- CAN'T GET THERE., Terry Collett
- Blurred vision., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- One Hundred and Eleven Cranks, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Want Versus Need..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Why we quarrel., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Death in action., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The River! The River!, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Of Respect To The Rose...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR