Love, you must remember,
Where we met, when we met,
In the forest in September,
Tell me you did not forget.
I had only ever asked you,
For a dance, just one dance,
When you covered me with kisses,
In a frenzy of romance.
Je t'aime Evangelique,
Your true smiles, many smiles,
Broke like waves across your cheek,
And the leaves in mammoth piles,
Crumpled underneath our feet,
I was lost, I was lost,
In that everlasting autumn,
Covered over now with frost.
Now you say you do not know me,
Am I changed? Are you changed?
If indeed you are, then show me,
Do not call us both deranged.
Be, instead, again my faery,
Gracious queen, gracious queen,
Softly cover me with kisses,
In our wood of gold and green.
Je t'aime, Evangelique,
Now you go, once you go,
To the valley of the bleak,
Agoras, empty in the snow.
Do you tear away my wings,
For the fun? Oh, what fun!
Or so I may never follow you,
Into the dying sun?
Years from now, sweet lover,
When I'm old, very old,
And the wood we walked is covered,
With the winter, white and cold,
I will beat these stumps you've left me,
In the air, frozen air,
I will beat these wings now tattered,
I'll remember and despair.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Evangelique by Leland D'Elormie )
- A Forest Trek, Valsa George
- From palace, hasmukh amathalal
- Loving you patient, tsholofelo phakathi
- Afterward, Frank Avon
- स्पष्ट तुम्हें मैं देख रहा हूँ (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Heavenward Bending, Frank Avon
- No reaction, hasmukh amathalal
- Walking Into The Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Pillow of the night, Emmanuel George Cefai
- O to be haunted!, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- November, Thomas Hood
- A Question, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(2 February 1882 – 13 January 1941)