M.D DINESH NAIR
EVER GREEN RESOLUTIONS
I take many resolutions and hatch them for eternity
Like millions have done from the time immemorial
Across Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia
And beyond the Atlantic.
I dream about the chicks
Which are never born
And my resolutions hatched for ever
Turn out to be ever green!
My resolutions cry for action
Sometimes they call for 'some action'.
But I throw a mischevious smile
And ask them to learn their history.
I can quote the glory of
Many a resolution never acted upon.
That of a man who decided to be a social animal and
That of a woman who promised to be behind him.
Those resolutions were hatched for ever
Their chicks have never been born.
A spirit surges from within me
And I bury my face in my ever green resolutions.
M.D DINESH NAIR's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (EVER GREEN RESOLUTIONS by M.D DINESH NAIR )
- Thoughtful Interlude, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Another Look At Easter, Denis Martindale
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #10, Ronjoy Brahma
- Lost Love Redux, Robert Kane
- When I see u, dipa bhattacharyya
- This Flower, Rohit Sapra
- Pretend, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world هذا العالم المجهول, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- IF, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns